Thursday, September 25, 2014

THE 'REAL' LONELIEST HIGHWAY IN AMERICA

When I started this trip along "the loneliest highway in America" I expected Highway 50 between Fallon, Nevada and Delta, Utah to be that road. It was pretty desolate. Only three towns over the 406 miles. When I arrived late at night in Ely, Nevada I grabbed a bite to eat and told the waitress what I was doing and she said, "It ain't so". The loneliest highway in America is highway 6 between here and Tonopah." She was right. Not one town for over 178 miles. Not as long but there was not one sign of establishment anywhere. It began to rain, thunder, lightning, and then very large hail. It was a wild ride for the last hour before Tonopah. This image is of the beginning of that part of the ride.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.