Tuesday, August 21, 2012

PARINACOTA, CHILE


Elevation 14,400 population 29. I was on my way to Lauca National Park in northern Chile when I stopped by this little village. I saw only one person selling weavings in a small courtyard. All the buildings had been freshly whitewashed. The streets were immaculately kept. It really didn't look real. I assumed that the entire village was out working nearby in the fields and herding animals. I was experiencing altitude sickness because I had driven up from sea level that day. By the time I reached Volcan Parinacota I was really feeling the effects. It was truly a magical experience.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.