Tuesday, March 27, 2012

REFLECTIVE STREETS

It's raining again. Much needed rain. I like the way the light plays off the wet pavement as I drive around town. Headlights glisten and traffic lights extend into the darkness as it uses the asphalt to promote their warning. The sound of the tires splashing in tones that match their rotation speed. Their size. Their type. All so distinct. The windshield wipers work on a steady cadence that beats as a metronome and beckons me to lull and relax to the rhythm. Limited visibility. Slick pavement. Lulling sounds make for a dangerous time. Must remember to enjoy and focus outside my senses. I really like it when it rains.

Taken with a Canon 5D Mark II using a 17-40mm USM wide angle f4.0 lens  1/20 ISO 1600.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.