Friday, December 02, 2011

MONTE BALMACEDA GLACIER

I visited this glacier in 1998. It is near the city of Puerto Natales, Chile in the most southern area of Patagonian Chile. It is also the entryway to Torres del Paine National Park. Thirteen years ago it was possible to see the effects of global warming. The glacier had been receding for about 8 years and, when this photo was taken it no longer released into the fjord. It is a magnificent place to live and visit. This is a scan of a slide. Please pardon the quality of the image.
Photo taken with a Pentax 35mm film camera and a 20mm wide angle lens.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.