Sunday, June 26, 2011

TODAY WAS FOR THE BIRDS

Ah to be a bird. Flying high above. Not a care in life. Beautiful day. It's early summer. Plenty of food. Now for a quick dip in a bath to cool off before looking for more berries. 

















  
Ah yes! The carefree life of a bird.


I sat in my study this afternoon reading an interesting webpage and I noticed lots of activity on top of a granite pillar in the center of a pond right outside my window. I set my camera on a tripod with a remote control and when a bird would arrive, I took a photo. I hope you enjoyed them. If you know the names of any of the species shown, please email me so I can include them in this posting.

Shot with a Canon 10D



Comments? Send me an email here.
Or
Click one of the boxes below for a quick reaction.

2 comments:

Cynthia Nicole said...

Hi Ray-
Those last birds seem to be fledgling robins.

The red one is a finch.

Cynthia Nicole said...

ps....purple finch.

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.