Monday, July 19, 2010

MY FRONT YARD

This is a sad photo. Sad because the tree closest to the house is going to have to be removed. It's not the one with my likeness hanging on it. It's the avocado just to the right of it. It has severe basal rot, bark curlback, and several signs of fungal growth along with the base being completely consumed by brown rot. Everyone is really upset that it has to go. I produces some great shade, offers shelter to shade loving plants, and offers an abundance of fruit. We have been watching and waiting for almost two years now and with great regret I have recommended it be removed. Then the process of choosing a replacement tree. I can testify that decision making by committee is not all that much fun. Stay tuned.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.