Saturday, August 17, 2013

BIG BASIN STATE PARK • near BOULDER CREEK, CA


Sequoia sempervirons. Coastal Redwood. There is no way to describe how it is to live in and under these magnificent trees although many have tried. I suppose John Muir got it as close as any. The location of this shot is in the first state park in California. Well worth the visit.  For sixteen years I lived in a house near here with fourteen of these giants all around it. I had to install skylights in every room to keep the mold and mildew from taking over.  They are beautiful and as with everything there are drawbacks. As in enormous piles of duff that drop all year round and especially in September. They have a tendency to bear down on you after a while. Hard to describe. It is really amazing to be in their presence. 

Photo taken with iPhone 4s

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.