Tuesday, December 27, 2011

REMEMBERING A FRIEND

Silver Lake, California. September 2006. Cold. How cold was it? Imagine a wrought iron toilet in January. This is my friend Richard. It was about this time that his cancer was beginning to manifest itself. He had been very uncomfortable and experienced intense pain for a while but was hopeful that it was nothing really serious. It was. He fought the valiant fight until July of 2010 when the cancer got the best of him. He was so many things to so many people. I miss him very much. I carry a photo of him on my truck visor and say hello every time I get in to go somewhere. Advice: Be present with everyone. Especially the ones you love and care about. Their presence is your greatest present and there's no time like now.

Here's a shot of an island in the lake. Look closely and you can see the wind-ripples on the water. It was so cold with the windchill factor that even though I was bundled up, I had to retreat to the car. Brrrrrrr.


As long as we are here may as well watch the sunset on Thunder Mountain. 


Taken with a Canon 10D

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.