Saturday, November 26, 2011

THEY AIN'T HARLEY 74'S ANYMORE

I was dropping by "The Silver Spur Ranch" for some vittles and this was out in the parking lot. I was gonna rob the place after I ate but I thought better of  it when I notice these guys had dropped by as well. Incredible motorcycles being tested by the California Highway Patrol. Beautiful! When I was a boy, the police had Harley-Davidson EL-1000 "knuckleheads" also called 74's as the mainstay. They were called 74's because the bikes had 74 cu.in.engines.In the movies they were the ones hiding behind billboards waiting for unsuspecting speeders. Those police officers never wore helmets! Just soft caps that never flew off. The future is arriving all of the place. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.