Wednesday, October 20, 2010

NIGHT ON THE WHARF

I went out on the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf last night to try out my tilt-shift lens. It's a very complex lens that I'm just learning about. These photos were taken using the shift capacity. The camera stays on a very solid tripod while I turn a know on the lens. As I turn the knob the lens travels to one side or the other depending on which way I turn the knob. So these two photographs were taken in three shots. The thing that I like about using this lens is that there is no distortion even in very close and wide angle photos. The yellowish color is from sodium lights. They illuminate the area well and they are much cheaper to power than regular tungsten lights.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.