Thursday, July 22, 2010

AIN'T SHE A BEAUT?


When I saw this Italian Stone Pine across the street from where I live, I was taken by the twists and angles of the bark. While the tree was about its current size, a major limb was removed leaving a large compartmentalization taking place that caused the bark to look like a large whorl on the trunk. After looking at it for a while through the lens I saw what, to me, looked like a nude woman bending backward to the right facing away from me. Sigmund Freud would have something to say about my interpretation but "I calls 'em the way I sees 'em". To add to the artistry of the tree I used a filter to create what you see. I like it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.