Monday, July 05, 2010

50 YEARS AGO TODAY

It was 50 years ago today that I raised my right hand and pledged to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. I was a 17 year old boy on his own in Oklahoma City, OK. I ended up going to Fort Leonard Wood, MO for boot camp. It was the hottest, dirtiest, most miserable place I had ever been. It was the first stop on my journey away from home. I made it! Lots of stories and lots of travel all over the Far East. At the end I served for almost a year in Vietnam and then came home. I found civilian life so boring I wanted to re-enlist but the guy I was working for talked me out of it. I'm glad he did.   

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.