Wednesday, May 05, 2010

CINCO DE MAYO AT THE FARMERS MARKET














These photos were taken with my iPhone.
It was a perfect day at the weekly Farmers Market here in Santa Cruz, California.

About 6 months ago I made a conscious decision to change my eating habits. I rented and purchased videos and read books on food that was beneficial not only to me but to the environment. I'm a slow starter but I'm on the road now.

I have reduced my weight by almost 30 pounds and feel so much better. I'm even learning to cook with a whole new set of ingredients and styles. Going to the Farmers Market and buying locally grown organic food makes me feel good psychologically and well as physically. If you are interested in making some food changes I'd like to recommend a book by Michael Pollen. "Food Rules." It's small and a quick read. It changed my outlook on food. Check it out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.