Monday, October 26, 2009

FIERY SUNSET

Tonight I witnessed this spectacular sunset from my house. It's deep red glow is a result of a 600 acre fire in the nearby Santa Cruz Mountains. The fire has been burning since Friday and so far has burned a trailer and evacuated 85 homes. The man that lost the trailer that was his temporary home. A fire in the area earlier this year destroyed his regular one. He's hopping mad because CalFire, the state forestry service, was burning brush in the area and he contends it got out of hand and caused this latest destruction. To make matter worse high winds are predicted tonight and tomorrow making fighting the fire even more difficult to control. All around Santa Cruz there are extensive forests so we are always concerned about any fire. The sunset was beautiful though.
This photo was taken with my iPhone.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.