Friday, August 14, 2009

ARE THEY GOING TO PUT IT OUT WITH WINE?

There is a huge wildfire just 5 miles northwest of Santa Cruz today. Heavy smoke in some places. Over 2500 people evacuated. Scary. It's hot and gonna get hotter this weekend which will make it even more difficult for fire fighters. This brings me to the photo above. I was downtown Santa Cruz doing some shopping and I spotted this Aptos/LaSelva Beach fire captain's SUV in front of a wine bar named "Soif". Made me wonder if maybe they have run out of water and decided the only thing they had plenty of around here was wine. After the fire is out they can toast each other for a job well done. The photo below is from Associated Press. Cheers!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.