Wednesday, July 08, 2009

GET OFF THE BRAKE JAKE

Know what a Jake Brake is? Traveling from Reno, Nevada to Sacramento, California you will see a series of road signs designed for truckers. There are some that refer to "Jake Brakes". It's a braking system that uses the engine's compression to slow the vehicle down without using the brakes. The reason? Because it make one helluva racket when it's used. This photo was taken as you enter Scotts Valley, CA. Off to the right is a housing development that would get a lot of noise night and day because of a heavily used truck route. To learn more about this go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_brake

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.