Sunday, November 23, 2008

RUNNING AWAY FROM DEPRESSION

During the early 90's I was dealing with depression brought on by a "mid-life crisis", emotional instability, break-up of a long term relationship, starting a doomed relationship, and starting a very difficult new job. Although I had not done any serious running since high school I found that exercise-running was a great antidote for sadness and guilt. I ran in the "Wharf to Wharf" between Santa Cruz and Capitola and the "Bay to Breakers" in San Francisico several times. It worked. I felt better. It was a combination of physical exertion and real life demonstration that I was doing something good for myself. I ran in several races and enjoyed being with a lot of like-minded people. Try it if you can.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.