Wednesday, June 18, 2008

NATIONALS PARK • WASHINGTON DC

In June of 2008 I went to Washington DC. Bad timing for the weather. When I arrived it was 108 degrees with the heat index! Humidity like I've never experienced before. I thought that since the San Francisco Giants were playing the Washington Nationals at night I'd be OK. I wanted to see the new baseball park anyway. So I took the Metro right to the ballpark and bought expensive tickets and sweated my ass off for 3 hours while the Giants beat the hapless Nationals. It's a truly beautiful park with no bad sight line. Surprising number of Giant fans there too. This turned out to be one of my best panoramas so far. Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Phil said...

So good to see you still sharing your pictures and experiences. I lived in DC for 2 years and itch to see the new ballpark. I completely concur, however, that the summer/humid weather is atrocious out there. Actually, aside from fall and spring, the weather is almost always atrocious in DC. Regardless, it's refreshing to see and hear your perspective again. Cheers!

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.