Friday, August 24, 2007

HOLD UP THE BRIDE - SAN LUIS POTOSI, MEXICO

Ken and Julia's wedding took place in a little village near San Luis Potosi, Mexico. It was a splendid affair and I had the honor of photographing it for them. This was taken inside a very large tent at night while Julia was being carried around by a group of me as is the custom at Jewish weddings. That was one of the unusual parts of the ceremony. Julia and her family is Catholic and Ken and his family are Jewish so the ceremony took place in the courtyard of a Catholic church and it was conducted by a rabbi. It was a fantastic affair. Luckily the reception took place inside this small circus tent because it really rained on it near the end of the evening. It was a muddy mess for lots of people to walk the mile or so back to the main building.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.