Wednesday, August 23, 2006

AMERICA'S #1 TOURIST ATTRACTION

According to some travel magazine I read recently, the Golden Gate Bridge is the number 1 tourist attraction in the US. Maybe it's because I have seen it so many times in person (I actually walked across the bridge right down the middle of it!),here's a SF Chronicle photo of the 50th anniversary celebration. Me and an estimated 75,000 people came on to the bridge. I took this shot from the end of a pier on the Marin County side. It's a great vantage point to see and appreciate the size and beauty of the bridge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is funny how some sites are so common for some people, and so wonderous for others. I would love to see this bridge, but its not first on my list! (grand canyon!)

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.