Thursday, March 26, 2015

PURA VIDA

Ah Yes! Costa Rica! This is near Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean side. Beautiful beaches. Friendly people. Great food. What's not to like about Costa Rica. Please note the palm trunks painted white. It's a tradition in many countries to paint the trunks of trees and palms with white paint. Originally the paint was a solution that warded off insects and the light color reflected the light and heat off the tender new plants. The heat would scald the bark and kill the plant. It has become a tradition now and is not needed in most cases. In the United States young seedlings are protected by white plastic tubes that can be removed when the plant is strong enough to make it on its own. I highly recommend Costa Rica. Every visit has been a true pleasure.
This image was scanned from a negative.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.