Thursday, March 05, 2015

HOW LOW CAN YOU GO?

The lowest place on earth. I just had to visit the Dead Sea when I was touring Europe back in the 70's.  This is an Ektachrome slide. Back in the days of film I had to carry at least two cameras. On this trip I only had one and it was borrowed. Each camera would be loaded with a film suited for indoor and another for outdoor. I had just visited Bethlehem and used this film which is used inside under artificial lighting. I still had frames left on the roll so I couldn't just change. The bluish tint is a result. I did go for a dip on the water and enjoyed the bouyancy. Traveling in the middle east in the winter is the best time to avoid crowds. There was no one here but me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.