Monday, February 10, 2014

PSYCHO HOTEL

In 1988 I took this photo of the McCrary Hotel here in Santa Cruz, CA. I knew the building was about to be torn down to make way for a retirement community main building so I tried to capture was was left of it before the dozers. I took artistic license by giving the original a "wet plate" look. I had a friend that lived in the building as you see it here. He was there illegally and only came and went at night. I spent an evening there seeping in all of the hauntedness it had to offer. Turns out it's actually pretty famous because....well you can go here to find out.

Here's the original photo.
Here's a better photo


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hu

Anonymous said...

not torn down

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.