Wednesday, December 04, 2013

HYDROELECTRIC POWER • TELLURIDE, COLORADO


Being here was but a part of an adventure that has shaped my life in significant ways ever since. More about this location here.
Looking back from the top of the falls and the Bridal Veil Hydroelectric plant. The hydroelectric plant was built in 1895 to power the Smuggler-Union Mine. It is the second-oldest alternating current power plant in the world, the first being the Ames Hydroelectric Generating Plant near Ophir, Colorado, also in San Miguel County. The box canyon opens into the flat area where Telluride is located. One of the most picturesque places anywhere. If you can get to Telluride anytime please make the effort. It isn't the easiest place to get to but worth it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.