Sunday, April 14, 2013

CHIRIQUE GRANDE, REPUBLICA DE PANAMA

As my friends and I raced the full length of  Panama to reach a frontier town called "Chirique Grande" we were hoping to make it there in time to catch a water taxi to Bocas del Toros, our final destination. This little fishing and port town was rather "unsavory" as described by our taxi driver even though he had never been there. He had never even been out of Panama City which is where we started! Five full sized guys in a Toyota Corolla was difficult enough but to have to spend the night in this town was worrisome to our driver. You guessed it. We arrived too late to catch the last boat so we ended up spending the night. This is a shot I took from the taxi station near a main pier. It was already hot and muggy to add to the very early rise. I'd certainly recommend Panama but I'm not so sure of Chirique Grande. Here's a link to the hotel we stayed in. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.