Monday, August 13, 2012

DRY AS A BONE

In the midst of the driest desert on earth, the Atacama in Chile, there is a an abandoned town with a graveyard that no one visits except tourists. It is an amazing place. The bodies have been buried in the earth as well as crypts. The crypts have been vandalized and the bodies exposed. In this high altitude with virtually no rainfall the bodies are well preserved. It was creepy to witness. Although it looks like it is very hot in this photo it was not. The high altitude keeps things pretty cool in November.
Photo taken with a Pentax film camera and a 20mm wide angle lens

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.