Thursday, June 21, 2012

HEY! WHERE'S THE FIRE?

When I was a boy one of my childhood dreams included being a fireman and driving the rear end of a hook and ladder truck. There is only one here in Santa Cruz and I don't think it is used very much to actually fight fires but it does require training. I was traveling on a main street here in town and I came up behind this truck. All those thoughts and aspirations came flooding back. Now that I look back on that dream I'm just as glad I didn't have a career driving a fire engine. Dangerous work and lots of stress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is actually a trainer that SCFD bought to prepare people for the brand new "hook and ladder" that went into service in March of 2012. Better to learn on this antique that a near million dollar truck!

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.