Sunday, May 20, 2012

SENSELESS








MAY 7: Shannon Kathleen Collins, 38, owner of Camouflage on Pacific Avenue was stabbed to death on the 300 block of Broadway in Santa Cruz about 11:50 a.m. After neighbors called 911, Charles Anthony Edwards III was arrested on suspicion of homicide a few blocks from the scene. Edwards was wearing bloody clothing. A knife was found at the scene. Edwards, 43, is a convicted felon from San Francisco. Police said Collins and Edwards did not know each other. Authorities called the attack random and unprovoked and have not elaborated on the motive.



I am still in shock about this incident. It is incomprehensible to me. How can this happen? There is much fear and anger in our fair city right now. This event has traumatized many, especially women. Women live in fear of assault. To have this tragic event happen in broad daylight to someone just walking down the street is unbelievable!


If you are interested in finding out more about this crime go here and here.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.