Thursday, January 19, 2012

THE RAINS CAME



Finally! It's been a very very dry winter here in Santa Cruz, California. There is/was a sense of early panic because we rely so much on the winter rains to furnish our water supply. Santa Cruz is situated in an area defined by a Mediterranean climate. Dry summers and wet winters. Only 2% of the world's land mass has this climate. It is, without a doubt, one of the main reasons it is so wonderful to live here. This is a photo I took today of my front yard. A cold snap a few days before and now the rain has delivered this striking sight. I live in a beautiful place. Oh! The title of the post is the name of a movie that had a very dramatic affect on me as a boy. It's probably pretty corny now.
Taken with a Canon 10D and a 17mm-40mm lens.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.