Thursday, December 29, 2011

I FELT THE EARTH MOVE UNDER MY FEET ~ Carol King

October 17, 1989. Loma Prieta Earthquake. Dramatically changed Santa Cruz, especially the downtown area, forever. I was working for the City of Santa Cruz and had access to the areas that were cordoned off for search/rescue and materials removal. I took this photo the next day of the tree crew in front of what now is Starbucks Coffee.
The building below stood for almost six months before it had to be razed after it caught fire. It is now the home of the beloved Bookshop Santa Cruz.
I'll be posting several of the photographs I took during that time soon.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.