Thursday, October 06, 2011

CALUMET SEZ HOWDY AND WELCOME TO LAS VEGAS, NEW MEXICO

The original sign from the 1980's movie Red Dawn starring Patrick Swayze, depicting the fake town of Calumet, Colorado still resides in Las Vegas, New Mexico. Much of the town still looks exactly the same as when the movie was filmed. Patrick Swayze owned a ranch just outside of town and I'm sure he chose this location so he could be at home. Anyway it's a must stop for those who grew up in the 80's and feared those scary Russians!


"Where the Great Plains meet the Mighty Rockies". Las Vegas, New Mexico at 12:30 a.m.
Photo taken with Canon 10D

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.