Friday, August 12, 2011

HELLO! HELLO! ANYBODY OUT THERE? IS THERE ANYBODY IN THERE?





Did you see the movie "Contact"? The script was written by... oh just go here to learn a lot about it. I thought it would be appropriate to post this today. The SETI Project was slated for defunding so a lot of individuals have started a capital campaign to save it. So far they have enough to keep it going until the end of 2011. This is one of the antennae that's part of the VLA (Very Large Array) in New Mexico. It is truly an extraordinary place in the middle of nowhere! I took this shot and fooled around with the format. I think I'll do more photos this way. Wadoyathink? Wanna know more about VLA? Go here.
Taken with an iPhone


If there's one. There must be more.


See? I told you so. I wonder if there are more?



Taken with a Canon 10D


Comments? Send me an email here.
Or
Click one of the boxes below for a quick reaction.

2 comments:

Cynthia Nicole said...

I like that effect! This photo seems perfect for it, too, with the simple color palette. I like looking at it....

All these new effects can get tiring, of course, if they're overused - which they usually are at first.

So far I've liked most of yours.

Dennis said...

the pic is cool. it accentuates the oddity of listening to outer space, good job!

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.