Sunday, August 14, 2011

CROSSING THE RIO GRANDE RIVER NEAR BELEN, NEW MEXICO

This shot was the result of a missed opportunity as I drove west out of Belen. I saw the river and realized I wanted to take the photograph after I passed over the bridge. I had to travel another 3 miles to turn around and travel back across the bridge another 4 miles before I could turn around to come back. Luckily the bridge had a very large "shoulder lane" so I parked and took out my equipment and got set up. Apparently there were at least 3 people driving by that perhaps took issue with me being parked on the bridge because honked their horns in a none-to-friendly way! Each one startled me and it took a lot longer to get the photo. It was about 103 degrees and the wind was calm. I have many memories associated with the Rio Grande while I was living in Albuquerque lo' those many long years ago. It's a great place to be FROM.

Taken with a Canon 10D

Comments? Send me an email here.
Or
Click one of the boxes below for a quick reaction.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.