Friday, May 06, 2011

A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD

It was another magnificent day in Santa Cruz today. Temperature just right as the marine layer hugged the coast. Look closely at the center right. There is a young woman sitting there watching beginning surfers practice at the Dream Inn beach. The water is shallow and the waves are not as intimidating as the ones just around the cliff to the right. That's Steamer Lane. One of the best surfing spots on the West Coast and maybe in the world. World Championship contests are held there every year. It's a blessing to be able to live in such a beautiful and interesting place. Come visit but don't stay. It's crowded enough in paradise.
I spent the day just hanging out along the west side of Santa Cruz. Walking along the path that extends from the Boardwalk all the way to Natural Bridges State Park. At the end of the day I parked in a lot overlooking the Monterey Bay and was fortunate to see this exquisite sunset. At the left center, on the beach, just to the right of the edge of the water is another photographer. There is so much beauty all around that it's difficult to not capture a very pleasing image.

Photo taken with Canon 10D

Please click one of the boxes below to make a quick one-word comment. 

Or....
Send me an email.  

1 comment:

Cynthia Nicole said...

Beautiful as always!

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.