Friday, September 17, 2010

ARACHNIDS ABOUND! IS IT SPIDERMAN?

It's that time of year again. Spider season! I read that there are about a million spiders per acre in urban areas. That seems like a low figure around here. Our little piece of heaven has an abundance of bamboo and other shrubs that are ideal for webbing. Going out of the house in the mornings will get at least one or two faces of webs. I welcome spiders. They are excellent "balancers" of nature. The vast majority don't have mouthparts that can break the skin so their fairly harmless. However, I have been bitten a few times over the last year and it is at least unpleasantly itchy.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.