Thursday, December 31, 2009

GOOD RIDDANCE 2009

What a year! It wasn't a terrific year for most of us. Scary times for so many. I capped off the year by having a full knee replacement surgery that was most unpleasant. Part of my rehabilitation was to do exercises to strengthen my quads and calf muscles. Took some pretty heavy painkillers for a while. Spent time in a Rehab clinic and then home. I've almost been totally consumed by the effects of the pain and the pills. The doctor warned me that the surgery was one of the most painful during recovery and he was so right.

I'm feeling much better now. Not nearly as much pain and I'm able to walk unaided way ahead of schedule. I'm sure I'll be glad that I had the surgery but right now all I can remember is black-out periods of pain and feeling very vulnerable to other people's care. One of my walks was out along the beach near the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf. That's where I took this photo with my wife's iPhone.

I have had lots of time to reflect on my life and how very fortunate I am to have been blessed with so many gifts of friends and family. I am really looking forward to the new year. It just has to be better than 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ass u use my name !

Green Eyed Eyefone said...

I don't understand your comment.

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.