Saturday, October 03, 2009

DER WIENERSCHNITZEL




This building has been a landmark in Santa Cruz for over 40 years! It closed about 5 years ago. I don't know if it was due to lack of demand or the demands of the County. It didn't appear very cleanly from what I remember. It was a late night and lunch hangout for stoners and people that just didn't give a damn about their diets. I must admit that I did share a few Chili Cheese Dogs with my son. All we needed was a root beer to wash it down along with some alka-seltzer! It's another sign of the times. This property has been in this run down state for too long. I wonder why it hasn't been leveled. It's obviously for sale with no takers right now. I guess the owners are not in any hurry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! I'm a Historic Preservation grad student doing a project on A-frames. I would love to use one of these pictures in my final illustrated brief, but I need your permission to do so and would be giving you credit for the image. The only reproduction of the brief would possibly be on a website for UNC Greensboro's graduate program. But let me know if I have your consent! Also, do you know if this building is still standing? Thanks!!!

-Sally Shader

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.