Sunday, December 07, 2008

HOLIDAY PARADE • SANTA CRUZ BOAT HARBOR

Every year for as long as I remember (I've lived here for 32 years), the Santa Cruz Harbor District has had a boat parade in the harbor. Owners decorate their boats and have friends and family join them while singing and dancing as the boats float up and down harbor for several hundred people on the banks whistle and call out names as well as applaud their favorites. This was one of the most popular this year.
This was also a special occasion this year for our family. Our grand-daughter is just old enough to recognize things and appreciate them so it was made all the more enjoyable sharing it with her.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.