Saturday, August 12, 2006

THE EDGE OF THE WORLD

This shot was taken a couple of miles north of Davenport, CA. Davenport used to be a major whaling station and in 1906 it was the site that manufactured most of the cement used to rebuild San Francisco after the earthquake. The factory is still there and still producing Portland Cement.

It had just stopped raining and I knew of this waterfall spot so I drove up and hiked down to the cliff to see what it looked like. It was spectacular. I always think of this area as the "edge of the world" because the highway is along the cliffs up high so you can see a distant horizon. I can imagine why sailors used to think the world was flat.

Hope you find the photo as pleasing as I do. Thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.