Tuesday, January 31, 2006

MY UNCLE - GONE BEFORE MY FATHER'S BIRTH


I took my son back to Bonham, Texas in June of 1996. The occasion was the 100th anniversary of my father's birth. I sent a photo of my dad to the local newspaper saying that I would be in town on a certain date and if anyone would like to talk with me about him to contact me at a boarding house we would be staying at. Several people called and left messages. I was able to talk with several and my son was able to get some insight as to who his grandfather was. My dad died in 1972 at the age of 75. We went to the local cemetary to visit the gravesight. I was amazed to find a fallen headstone to an Uncle that was born and died before my father's birth. Apparently my Uncle only lived about a week in 1887. This is a photo of the headstone. I was unbelievably hot and humid which made me really happy I didn't live there.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.