Wednesday, November 09, 2005

VOLCAN PARINACOTA - CHILE


In 1998, my wife and I went on our honeymoon to Chile. We arrived in the seaside city Arica in the far north and drove up to 17,000+ ft above sea level in one day. Steep climb huh? When we arrived at the the Bolivian border this is what greeted us. Volcan Parinacota. I have another entry about the town of Parinacota if you care to read more. The summit of the volcano is 20,821ft ! We were both suffering from altitude sickness...headaches, nausea...so when I squatted down to take this photo I almost passed out when I stood up. It took about 3 days to aclimate. It was one of the most beautiful places we have ever been.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.